Have you been searching for the best hosting company to make that your online business a reality? Let me show you some of the best hosting companies i have partnered with, and I’ve been able to get outstanding service.
Because there are many web hosting providers out there, you’re confused on which one to choose but be rest assured as this is an effortless task, and it won’t take much of your time.
What Is Web Hosting
If you are coming across this for the first time, you might be wondering what this web hosting is all about. According to Wikipedia, a web hosting service is an internet hosting that allows individuals and organizations to make their websites accessible via the World Wide Web.
This means that without the help of a web hosting provider, your website will not be visible on the world wide web, and people will not be able to access it with a web browser.
Below are the best hosting companies that I have compiled after much research.
This is one of the best web hosting providers for more than 2M+ websites worldwide and WordPress sites. Most of the blogs out there are powered by WordPress.
Their pricing options are very affordable compared with the amazing features that come with it, such as
- Automatic WordPress installation
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Strong feature
- Free website migration and domain.
Bluehost comes in three shared hosting plans from which you can choose from which are: Basic, Plus, and Prime. Each of these plans comes with 100GB of disk space and a 99.98% uptime guarantee.
You can get a plan in blue host for as low as $2.95 with a 24/7 live chat, phone, and email support from their customer service.
How To Install WordPress In Bluehost
This can be done in two ways, either through My Sites or Market Place.
Installing Through My Sites
- Log in to your Bluehost account
- Click on the My Site tab from the menu on the left
- Click on Create Site Button
- Enter the site name and tagline
- Click on next and select the domain you want to install from the drop-down
- Please choose the location it should be installed to and click on next.
Installing Through Market Place
- Log in to your blue host Cpanel account
- Find the website section and select Install WordPress
- Tap the install but to and choose the domain name to install it to
- Accept the license and service agreement and click on the install button.
How To Add A Domain To BlueHost
- Open the My Sites tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Click on the Bluehost Builder site you want to update the name for, and tap the Manage Site button.
- Open the Settings tab.
- Click on the Change domain button.
- From the drop-down, choose your preferred domain.
This is the most affordable hosting provider. If you are looking for cheap hosting then, this is for you. With as low as $1.39/month although, it will increase when renewing.
Hostinger also offers a four-year hosting for $1.39/Month if you pay in advance, which is very good.
Don’t let the price make you think it is not good as Hostinger features are amazing and do not look cheap. With 24/7 support and 99.9% uptime guarantee, what more can one ask for!!.
A single shared hosting cost $1.39/month
Premium shared hosting cost $2.59
Business shared hosting cost $3.99.
How To Install WordPress Using Auto installer
- Login to your hosting account
- Locate the website section and choose an auto installer
- Select the WordPress option from the menu
- Fill in the site details correctly and click on the install button.
How To Add A Domain In Hostinger
- Log in to your hosting account
- In CPanel click on Hosting at the top of the page and tap Add Website
- Then input the domain name, set the password, and click Add Website
If you are just as lazy as me, you don’t need all those extra features and want a simple website like a website for a portfolio etc. Especially for companies that do not have much traffic per month, Hostgator is there to satisfy you!
With as low as $2.75/month, you can get a simple website.
They also offer different options to upgrade, such as VPS hosting, dedicated server, WordPress, etc.
A trial will convince you! While not make use of the 45-day money-back guarantee and testing to check it out.
HostGator offers support to all their plans, unlike other hosting providers that do not include support in all plans. They also offer guides for technical support.
How To Install WordPress In Hostgator
- Log into your Customer Portal.
- Click the Create Website button.
- Click Get Started to initiate installation.
How To Add A Domain To Hostgator
- Log in to Customer Portal
- Click on the My Websites section.
- Click on Connect Domain.
- Information will appear, notifying you to connect your domain to HostGator.
- Just copy your details and paste them incorrectly and your domain has been installed successfully
Looking for a web hosting provider where you pay per month to month? That is, you can per month instead of the one-year duration other hosting providers do ask of. Then Dreamhost is the one you have been searching for! With just $4.95, you get a free SSL certificate and unlimited traffic. This plan is suitable for those who are not sure of being committed or a long-term contract.
They also offer a $2.59/month one-year or three-year contract, which allows you to save money.
Due to its custom control panel, it is difficult for users to migrate out of DreamHost, but it is straightforward to migrate to it.
In terms of customer care service, email support Is available 24/7, but live chat can only be accessed during business hours. And if you want technical support over the phone, it is also available, but you need to pay $9.95 to access it.
How To Install WordPress In Dreamhost
- Log in to your account and click on one-click install
- Click on learn more and install
- Select the domain you want to install to
- Click on the “install it for me now” button.
How To Add A Domain In DreamHost
- Log in to your account
- Navigate to the Manage Websites page.
- Click the Add Website button on the top left. Three options appear.
- Enter a domain or subdomain you already own: Select this option if you’ve already registered your domain.
- Create a subdomain: Select this option to create a subdomain on a domain you have already registered.
- Register a new domain: Select this option first to register your domain name.
- Choose any of the above options and follow the process.
SiteGround comes with a free SSL, CDN, Backup and email. It is also suitable for WordPress sites with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you are looking for a hosting service with great speed and security, try SideGround.
Their plan starts at $4.99/month for a year but notes that the price will increase when renewing after a year. They also have offers such as a 24 month or 36-month payment plan.
The best part of this is that they offer discounts to customers with renewals longer than one year. A two-year renewal gets a 20% discount while a 3-year renewal gets a 30% discount.
How To Install WordPress On SiteGround
- Log into your account.
- Locate your Site Tools > Dev > App Installer > Install New Application.
- From the Application drop-down menu, select WordPress
- Fill in the information correctly and click on Install.
How To Add A Domain
- Log into your account
- Locate Client Area
- Click on Services
- Then tap on the Domains button
- Click on New Domain.
- Fill in the information correctly.
This is one of the best web hosting providers in Nigeria. It is straightforward to use; all you need to do is install a website app like WordPress.
With a 99.9% uptime guarantee, fast-loading website, and a top-notch 24/7 customer service who are ready to assist you anytime. What more can one ask for!!
Harmonweb has different plans available such as shared hosting, which goes for as low as #350. It comes with a free domain name, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, business hosting, and even a website builder where you can build a website without stress. You can read a detailed guide about harmonweb review here.
Shared hosting: #350/month
WordPress hosting: #1,100/month
Reseller hosting: #2,300/month.
How To Install WordPress In Harmonweb
- Log into your Cpanel
- Please search for the WordPress icon and click on it
- Click on the install button
- Input your information correctly to install WordPress successfully.
How To Add A Domain In Harmonweb
- Log into your Harmon cpanel
- Locate the domain icon and click on it
- Please enter the domain you want to add and the directory where you want it to be
- Next, you click on “Add Domain”
Before choosing a hosting service, there are some certain things you need to consider.
First of all, check the system requirements to know if it is compatible with your operating system. Don’t just jump to conclusions as this might affect you.
Research web hosting providers and know its security features. Features such as backups which could be daily or weekly, user authentication etc.
Choose a plan that is compatible with the type of site you operate. Sites that contain a lot of graphics or images need good bandwidth.
Most companies claim to offer an availability rate of 98 and 99 percent. But not all of these claims are true as most of them don’t live up to expectations. Make sure you go for the more reliable one.
Types Of Hosting Packages
- Shared Hosting
This is good for beginners as the cost is usually low because all resources are available such as Random Access Memory (RAM), Central Processing Unit (CPU), and are shared. That is, your website is stored among other multiple websites. If you are new to blogging and you don’t have much funds or you are just blogging for the fun of it, go for a shared hosting. Companies that offer this hosting are WordPress, Blogspot etc.
- Virtual Private Server (VPS)
This type of server hosting is suitable for those that want to have control and it is hosted within its own space on the server. However, VPS cannot handle a high traffic spike and it is not suitable if you have a high traffic.
- Dedicated Server Hosting
In a dedicated server, your website is the only one stored and it is exclusively rented by you. That is, you have total control but it is one of the most expensive web hosting.
Dedicated server hosting is suitable for high traffic and large companies as it needs experts in operating it.
read also: Ultimate guide to internet marketing
Hosting Factors To Be Considered When Choosing A Web Hosting Provider
Going for a web hosting service that is 24/7 available is the best as it won’t be good if your hosting is down. People won’t be able to access your website and this brings loss of traffic as well as money.
But nowadays most hosting providers offer 99.9 percent uptime guarantee. You don’t need to be afraid as it wont go down and if it does, all you need to do is contact your hosting provider and be compensated.
You can also get a tracking tool like an uptime robot, this tool will notify you immediately if something goes wrong.
How long it takes for a website to load matters a lot as this is one of the factors that determine the number of traffic a website gets at the end of the day. I wouldn’t waste my precious time for a particular website to load for ages. I will switch to another one immediately if it takes too long. People will leave your site if it takes too long to load and that will make your website rant to fall.
- Customer Care
This comes in handy especially if you are new to website. Having a web hosting provider with good customer service is the best thing that could happen as they will respond in time when the need arises.
Taking too much time to respond will lead to loss of money.
Actually, you won’t be able to know if they respond in time. But you can use their free trial to access them as most hosting providers have free trials.
Below are my personal conclusion on each hosting company
- Bluehost: is the best for WordPress hosting
- Hostinger: is one of the best for startup
- HostGator: this is very affordable for new website
- Dreamhost: go for this if you want a quick response on changes in website
- SiteGround: this is the best web hosting for online commerce.
- Harmonweb: I will recommend this if your budget is low as it Is one of the cheapest.
No matter how eager you are in finding a web hosting provider, could you not rush into it? Take your time and weigh the pros and cons and do research. Find out if it is compatible with your system, the speed, reliability and how secure it is before deciding which one to choose.